Note: A T number is a temporary number and NOT a student number. This T number is issued to the applicant at the beginning of the Online Application process.
You’ll receive a UP student number within 10 working days after your application has been submitted successfully.
You will only be able to access the UP Student Portal once you have received a UP student number, eg u18123456.
Go to the University of Pretoria website and click on “My UP Login“.
To sign in, click on the “New user” link below the Login tab.
- Type in your Username (u followed by your student number) and your National ID or Passport number. Click the “Proceed” button.
- Set up your new password and confirm the password in the second block. Click the “Proceed” button.
- A message is displayed to inform the user that the password was set successfully. Click the “OK” button.
- A list of challenge questions appears and you may select to answer any 3 of these.
- Select any three challenge questions and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Enter your answer on each challenge question. Click the “Save” button.
- A message will be displayed to inform you that your challenge questions have been set up.
- Click the “OK” button.
- You are now ready to access the UP Student Portal.
- Sign in again with your username and password.
Remember to keep the questions and answers in your head. Because in the future, when you forget your password and or there’s a need to update it, these questions with the related answers will be used for user authentication.
That is to validate that the person who uses the username, is the owner of that username and is the person who knows the answers to the earlier selected and stored questions.